2.07.2008

Singin' in the Rain


In my latest issue of Wondertime magazine, I caught a small article about great old movies to watch with your kids. I was pleased to see Singin' in the Rain top the list. My kids both LOVED this movie from the first day we put it on. And I have to admit, if you haven't seen it recently, it's worth a watch or two. Or 100...as we now own this and watch it over and over again.

Also on our list of top great movies my kids enjoy is Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, Little Princess (with Shirley Temple) and the Music Man. If you haven't thought to introduce your kids yet to musicals, I would recommend giving it a try (with a few viewings). You'd be surprised how something so simple can really please. Our biggest surprise so far was the old silent movie The General. Even without words, my kids thought this short film from 1927 was fun to watch.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

My kids love musicals, especially Shirley Temple movies. You can't go wrong with any of those old ones.

Jill said...

Wondertime is truely a WONDERFUL mag! I'll give those movies a try when my daughter is old enough.