8.28.2007

13 days and counting . . .

. . . until both my kids start school for the fall at United Christian Parish preschool. This will be the first time in 3 1/2 years that I have 2 mornings a week free of children. It couldn't have come at a better time because I'm about to place some postage on them and leave them out for the mailman to pick up.

I had such high hopes for the summer months of doing some homeschooling projects and taking some fabulous outings. We did some of those. In three months we managed to get to the aquarium, 2 museums, 2 trips to Meadow Lark Botanical Gardens, at least 10 trips to Frying Pan Park, a trip to Richmond to see the grandparents, a plane ride to Dallas, many, many trips to the pool. But as the summer went on, I seemed to lose steam and enthusiasm with the activities. Andrew's new job caused us to change our schedule since he now doesn't get home before they go to bed, and my mom's health has really been at the forefront of my mind during August. I can't be grateful enough for the fact that both kids will be attending the same school on the same days. It's really "the most wonderful time of the year."

No comments: