4.01.2008

Solution to the Gun Problem

As I mentioned last week my son is obsessed with guns--every stick, toy, and piece of paper is turned into an imaginary gun with which he shoots trees, walls, and other things (we've trained him not to shoot at people).

After some thought, my husband and I decided the best thing to do with this interest is channel it in the right direction, and make sure everything is done as safely and responsibly as possible. We discussed it with Alex, who was fully on board, so my husband took Alex to a gun store yesterday where he picked out a nice Glock 9mm handgun. My husband bought it for him, and Alex's first trip to the range was a success! Here's Alex's first target:

Of course, he has some trouble holding the pistol still, but c'mon, he's only four--I think he's a future marksman.

We're happy with the way this is turning out, and Alex is looking forward to his fifth birthday, when he says he wants to upgrade to an assault rifle.

:-)

4 comments:

purplemommy said...

Are you April Fooling me?

KMF said...

Nice :) Wasn't that how John Allen Muhammad and Lee Boyd Malvo enjoyed their quality time? ;)

Cara Fox said...

OMG. DYING. HA! LOL.

Cara Fox said...

OMG. DYING. HA! LOL.