12.12.2008

The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow

So yesterday was a bit rough for the Kerr trio--not nearly as bad as falling down the stairs,though. But since my day had started at 4 a.m. with coughing (it could have been vomitting so I should be thankful for small blessings) and no one took a nap, by about 3 p.m. I was spent!

We attempted the mall. I'm not sure, in retrospect, if I was drinking at the time I made that decision, but we did it anyway. It was next to Alex's soccer class, and I had promised the kids we'd go buy a gift for a child in need. No good deed goes unpunished, eh? Actually it wasn't all that bad....just chaotic. The pouring rain didn't help either.

After managing Anna during Alex's soccer class and arriving home to await the Chinese delivery man, I sprinted up to our door to unlock it so the kids could make a run in the rain for the house.

I stopped. In the rain. And stood there for a bit. All I heard was silence. (Ok, there was the sound of the rain and muffled screams from inside the car.) But it was quiet. For a moment I thought about just hanging out in the rain a little long. Perhaps grab a glass of wine while they play in the car. Hmmmmmm....child protective services might frown on that.

It was a struggle to the bedtime, but the upside to kids not taking a nap is that they go to bed at 7:30 and are snoring within 3 minutes.

Today you ask? We had 2 time outs for both kids before 8 a.m. Thank God, Daddy comes home today.

No comments: