7.30.2007

No diapers, no wipes, no stroller . . . could it be?

This weekend, due to unfortunate circumstances, I traveled alone with my 3 ½ year old—leaving behind Andrew and my 2-year old daughter with a 103 fever. Last minute, the plans changed and bags were packed. For the first time in 3 years after 9 airline trips (2 of them overseas and back) I didn’t have a diaper bag. I didn’t have a stroller. I didn’t even a car seat to lug. I was crap free. We walked to the plane. He wore his own backpack. Alex handed the lady his boarding pass. He found his own seat. He watched a movie on the DVD player. I didn’t need people helping me. I didn’t have to wait for the stroller to be unloaded. I felt that I had finally arrived at that moment where I could truly say I might someday be able to take a family vacation. Next year when Anna is out of diapers and able to not poop out after walking 20 feet, perhaps will investigate a journey somewhere fun for everyone to enjoy. I think I see the light……….

No comments: