8.02.2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

You have to be creative for birthdays as a mom. No one bakes you a cake or throws you a superhero/princess birthday party anymore.

With hubby out of town and me still being sick, I tried to find something fun for me and sort of fun for the kids. We hit the College Park Ikea! Fun for kids? Oh yes, indeed. I checked them into the Smaland kids center for an hour while I shopped with $150 worth of credit. Happy Birthday to me. Followed it up with Swedish meatballs for everyone. In the afternoon we hit the cupcake store. (I will clarify this is Edibles Incredible! at Reston Town Center that really had the biggest cupcakes I've ever seen.) Ironically, I had to fight for my favorite cupcake flavor and in the end, I was the one left cupcakeless. Oh well... My good friend Susan sent over her babysitter and took me out for dinner, in all my coughing and sneezing the mojitos still tasted yum. A perfect day!

4 comments:

kim said...

Happy birthday, Linda! Hope you can get that cupcake (by yourself!!!) when your hubby gets home!

ARomero said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I hope that you are feeling better. btw - where is this cupcake store...I must know!

Leticia- Tech Savvy Mama said...

Happy birthday! Did you happen to go to Cake Love? Hope you got your free birthday cupcake there! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I also want to know where the cupcake store is?